Based in Espoo, Finland or working remotely in a European time zone | Posted October 19, 2021
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As our global footprint continues to spread across the world, we’re looking for talented Software Developers (Senior/Mid/Junior level) to join our User Experience team in Espoo in full-time, permanent positions.
This role could be performed in Europe on a fully remote basis or hybrid working, depending on your preference and current location!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
UL benchmarks help people measure, understand and manage computer hardware performance. We create the industry's most trusted and widely used benchmarks for desktop computers, notebooks, tablets, smartphones, and VR systems. 3DMark — The Gamer’s Benchmark — is used by hundreds of press publications and millions of gamers, overclockers, and system builders around the world.
Our User Experience team creates software for the web, mobile and desktop environments to support our benchmarks, using data and user insights to create unique products and services.
Our development culture values innovation and personal initiative. We are looking for a developer who is able to design, implement and maintain reliable solutions using modern working methods such as test-driven development and quick release cycles.
- Maintain and expand our web service offerings.
- Expand, maintain and create the world's leading PC benchmarks.
- Build scalable services that are used by millions of people around the world.
- Build beautiful user experiences across a multitude of platforms in products used by some of the world's largest companies.
- Participate in development of benchmarks that help guide the next generation of computing hardware.
What makes you a great fit:
Positions are available at both junior and senior levels. Relevant experience is important, but we are good at recognizing talent in those who are starting their career.
- Java or other JVM languages, REST APIs and SQL
- Experience with cloud platforms, AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with microservices.
- Enthusiastic attitude to technology and software development.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Standard HTML and CSS experience
- Experience with PHP and Drupal
- Modern tools such as Jenkins/Artifactory/Jira/Confluence/Git
- Knowledge of modern web technologies and how they are implemented.
- A drive to work on all aspects of an application’s life cycle, from back-end, front-end, and deployment.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Interest in emerging web technologies.
- An interest in the latest PC and mobile hardware is a plus.
- Experience with Riot.js or Angular.js
- Knowledge of C# and C++.
- Knowledge of mobile application development.
- Strong hobby projects, or contribution to an open source project or similar.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
You'll work with equally talented programmers, artists, designers and engineers in an environment that's friendly and casual. We work in small, self-managed teams that control their own time. You'll enjoy a great deal of autonomy and responsibility while making a significant and visible contribution to our software and services.
Working at the cutting edge of new PC and mobile technology will give you an excellent opportunity to improve your existing skills, while learning new ones. We offer varied and interesting challenges and work with many of the world's leading technology companies.
We respect the importance of work-life balance and are committed to providing a relaxed, comfortable and healthy working environment. Above all, we value creating great things.
This is a rare chance to join a successful global company that is number one in its field. Since 1997 UL Benchmarks has helped millions of people understand the technology they rely on every day. Apply now and help us build and improve our services and products.